Saturday, January 28, 2006

I'm learning Chinese...really I am



Today was my first Chinese class. Yup, that's right - I'm officially a student in a Chinese language school. It's not going to be easy, but I had a total blast.

The class is for 2-hours every Saturday for 12-weeks, and our instructors are actually from China. They now live in Kansas/Missouri, but they were born and raised in China. They are going to attempt to teach us (the students) how to speak and write Chinese.

I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to take this class. I can at least make an effort to converse with the people while we are in China, and most importantly, I want to be able to reassure Emily in a language she is familiar with when we first receive her.

Oh, and remember those cd's I purchased awhile back??....Let's just say they make a lot more sense to me now, even after only one class. :)

No comments: