Thursday, December 14, 2006

Got TA, CA, & We're Leaving Saturday


I can't believe the time has finally come!!! On Tuesday we received word that we got our TA (travel approval) and today we were confirmed a CA (consulate appointment)....and long story short - we leave for China on Saturday!!! Our CA is the 26th.

The big news is we get Emilia on Monday!!!!!

We were going to leave tomorrow, but something happened with the seating arrangments, so we pushed it back to Saturday. We both about fell out of our chairs when we were told how much the airfare was going to be (and let's just say it's a good thing we didn't...because we were both driving at the time - LOL). I'll just say that the fare for us to get there and back is almost double what we had budgeted for airfare (and we budgeted on the high side). Oh well - it will be totally worth it. :)

I am totally drained - John is totally drained, and the stress of this day has totally wiped us out!!!

For those of you that pray - please, please, please, keep us in your prayers. And we greatly appreciate those prayers.

We'll be blogging while in China, so check back often.

I'm going to go veg now, watch a movie, and TRY to relax.

Until next time. :)

(Hang on baby girl.....we're coming!!!!!)

12 comments:

Betty said...

I can hardly wait to pick you both up at the airport! I can't wait to see the beautiful pictures of my niece. I love you both and I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip. Ok now hurry back.

Becky said...

Congrats! I can't wait to follow your journey! Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Becky (fellow Freight family)

Robin said...

What a wonderful Christmas present!
Have a safe trip and a wonderful time, take lots of pictures, time goes by soooooo fast. Lots of Love., The Greens

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a perfect Christmas.

My prayers are with you for a safe journey.

~~Susie U.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! We can't wait for you to bring that little girl to her home! Hopefully we will see you tomorrow night! Have a safe trip and we will see you in KC for sure! Love, D, A and C

Nan and Dan said...

Congrats!!!
So happy to hear you will have her in your arms soon!!
What a great Christmas present!
Nancy

Kelly Z. said...

We're so excited for you and will keep you in our prayers. You are in for the adventure of a lifetime!!

Kelly, Chuck, & Kaitlin

Jill said...

Still following your blog...so excited for you guys! I will pray for safe travel and that all will go well with Emilia's transition into her forever family.

Anonymous said...

It's the second time loggin in today... Were are you???? it's evening already were you aren, and i hope it's all peace and quiet....
i'm so curious for her!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi from a fellow Ling Mom-to-be!
I'll be following along on your journey. My daughter is from the same orphanage and I should be traveling there in January. I look froward to gleaning any info I can from your blog.
I am so excited for the two of you!

Laureen
A.K.A. Mom2Isabel

Dawn and Dale said...

WOW!! I miss a few days and I miss huge news!!!

You should be holding your precious baby by now!!! Hope you get a chance to come by and update us!!!

Praying for you here in Canada!!!

Love Dawn

Catherine said...

Congratulations! It won't be long now Mommy and Daddy!

Will be praying for you and your sweet daughter.

Blessings, Catherine