Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Playing catch up

WOW!! The days since "THE CALL" have just flown by. I don't know if it's because I have so much I want/need to get done, but on one hand time is going fast....on the other hand though, it's not going fast enough because I want to get to China and get our girl!!!!

We have decided on Emilia's full name, and here it is: Emilia Dawn ChaNi (our last name here).



On previous posts I failed to translate her Chinese name, and it means:

Ling - a family surname; means clever, effective, quick

Cha - means tea (I love this because I drink tea every morning!!)

Ni - means feminine; a cute name for a little girl

Emily is going to be our Little Tea Girl!!! (is that too cute or what?!)

__________________________________________________________________

Here are pictures from our dinner at Bo Ling's on 11/02/06 where the Grandparents and Aunt Angee got to see Emilia's picture for the first time.



The happy parents (prior to the unveiling)



Grandma H. seeing Emilia for the first time (Grandpa was taking the pics so we didn't get his reaction)



Grandma S. and Aunt Angee seeing Emilia for the first time



The happy parents (after the unveiling)

_________________________________________________________________

ROAD TRIP

We were suppose to go to Wichita on Friday (11/3) to sign the adoption papers, but something got mixed up with Fedex, so we weren't able to go until Saturday (11/4). It was all good though, it was a beautiful day and we had an enjoyable trip.






Emilia went with us - and Daddy made sure she was buckeled in :)



We received this from Kim at our agency. She presented the Chinese takeout box to us, and inside it was the panda bear and an overly large fortune cookie. I opened the cookie and written on the ribbon was Emilia's information: name, DOB, where she is, etc. It was the best fortune cookie I've ever gotten in my life!!! :)



John (aka Daddy) signing the adoption acceptance letter



Dawn (aka Mommy) signing the adoption acceptance letter



The long ride home



________________________________________________________________

How do we disciple in our household??? HUMILIATION!!! ROFL (just the dogs - and just this once, but boy was it funny).

Two weekends ago I started putting out the Christmas decorations, and unfortunately we have a dog that likes/liked to destroy my pretties. Well, we came home the other day to find that Bo had decided to use my NEW wreath as a chew toy and eat/tear off the holly berries, and I had had enough. I told him that if he wanted it he could have it, but he was going to wear it. I put it around his neck and he looked so humiliated - John and I were laughing so hard, I just had to get a picture. I only left it on him long enough to get the picture, but you know what???? I haven't had any more problems with my decorations. LOL :)



He looks like he's auditioning for the Broadway play 'Lion King' :)

3 comments:

Puddin' said...

You are so funny! I'm still smiling about that picture of you and your husband...the one where you're smiling and he's trying to sneak in a smooch! Too cute!

Yep, the dog looks like he WON'T be doing THAT again :)

Suz said...

She looks just like a little baby doll!

I found you 'round about through Mary Mia. Huge congrats!

How wonderful that those guys at the Chinese Food place were able to tell you that was a mosquito bite, I know that HAD to have been bothering you as her mommy not to know what had happened to your baby's cheek!

David and Lisa said...

Congratulations!!! Our second daughter is also a Cha baby- Ling Cha Wan. Your daughter is beautiful. Have a fabulous time in Nanchang!! I can't wait to follow your blog!! ( We just came home at the end of September)
Good luck!!!
Lisa (NYC)