Monday, October 02, 2006

Friday (9/29) Qualifying

Thanks to my brother Doug and his friendship with the Team Rensi owner/partner Gary Weisbaum, my mom and I were fortunate enough to get to spend Friday (and Saturday) in the Pits with Team Marine/Rensi Motorsports. It was absolutely amazing, and an experience I will never forget.

I think I took around 500 pictures between both days, and I am posting ones I really like - but if you have a favorite driver/car you're more than welcome to email me and I just might have a picture for you.

Here's some of my favorites from Friday's Cup qualifying and Busch practice:


Kansas Speedway early Friday morning - before the rush of NASCAR fans


Tony's Old Spice #33 Busch car


Kasey Kahne's #9 Ragu Busch car


Ashton Lewis' #25 Marine car getting inspected


Believe it or not this picture is not on zoom. This is Tony practicing on Friday - and I was actually this close to his car as he left to get on pit road from the garage.


Kasey Kahne as he was signing an autograph for me. (I'm surprised this came out because my hands were shaking so bad.)


Kasey's autograph


Kevin Harvick's autograph


I about peed my pants when I turned around and saw this waking towards me!!!!


I didn't ask for an autograph from Tony (already have a couple - and I know better then to come between a boy and his sandwich - hee hee) but I did say "Yeah Tony" and got a smile out of him.


Ashton Lewis coming in from practice (Busch)


Kevin Harvick coming in from practice (Busch)


Tony (aka Smoke) and Kasey during practice (Busch)


No explanation needed :)






Carl Edwards


Jeff Gordon and Casey Mears

And although this is against my religion (wink wink) I will be kind enough to post this and the next picture for my pal Linda. :) (Ya know I have to love ya for doing this Wee Wee!!!)




Smoke and his cool helmet


David Stremme (looks like he's posing for me doesn't it???)


Reed Sorenson


Jr.


Ryan Newman looking like he's doing a Jerry Lewis impression. (Along the lines of my BIFFLE rant - everytime I hear Newman, I think of Jerry Seinfeld and how he said "Newman").


Bill Elliott


The Little Brown Truck :)


Elliott Sadler (for my SIL Amy) and Dale Jarrett (for my SIL Angee)


Another shot of Elliott and Dale


Elliott and the backside of Robby Gordon


Kurt Busch


Kyle Busch


Jimmy Johnson




Carl Edwards (again)


Bill Elliott (again)


JJ Yeley

Friday was a very full day, and as my feet can attest to, a long day - but I had an absolute blast!! I had such a great time seeing all the drivers and playing paparazzi.

That's about it for Friday's excitment...now it's on to the races!!!

No comments: