Monday, October 02, 2006

"I Wanna Go Fast!!!"

My racing "weekend" began on Wednesday the 27th with a Sprint employee evening at the Kansas Speedway. Thanks to my SIL and BIL - Angee & Brent - we were able to go and hang out at the track and see a couple of the drivers. My boy Tony was suppose to be there - but he got stuck in Detroit and didn't make it, but it was fun all the same.


John and I with Ricky Bobby :)


This guy was hysterical to watch in this contraption. Walking for him was quite the chore, and we were rolling just watching him. So of course I made John and I get a picture with him.


Greg Biffle. Now the funny thing about Greg Biffle - and the thing that will stay with me forever is that everytime I hear his name - I have the urge to shout "BIFFLE!!!".... and the reason for this is that last year my mom and I were headed back from Wisconsin, and we were listening to the race on the radio. I think I was just trying to keep myself awake, but everytime the announcer would say his name, I would shout at the top of my lungs "BIFFLE!!!" It's now just something I do. Granted, I behave myself when I'm out in public (most of the time) but on the inside....I'm screaming "BIFFLE!!!" LOL (Let me just add here that I saw this man 4 days in a row up close - and my Biffle radar was working overtime.) :)


My niece Anna, Kyle Busch, and me.

John went up to him and said, "I'm not a NASCAR fan, but I need you to beat Porky". Kyle laughed, looked at me and said, "Yeah - I noticed her shirt." LOL Leave it to my husband. :)

Kyle was great and stayed a long time signing autographs. I got a hat signed, but for some reason I can't get the picture to post.

One day down - several more to go...................

No comments: